The sun is shining, I’m just finishing up breakfast at McDonald’s, using their Wi-Fi with my new laptop (I saved up nearly $300.00 in Amazon gift cards and a couple of my friends kicked in enough to push the laptop fund over the top). I bought a wireless Logitech mouse today because I hate the mouse that comes with a laptop.
I also bought a phone today, a Net 10 wireless phone. Now all I need to do is scrounge up enough cash to get airtime cards for it. I love the idea of prepaid phone minutes, mostly because I still owe Credo Mobile over 425.00 for my smartphone.
I particularly appreciate the laptop because I won’t be tied to the Deschutes County Library all the time now. All of our McDonalds (4 I think) have wifi, as does Barnes & Noble, Hawthorne Station, 3 libraries (2 county libraries and the community college library), and 2 Safeway stores.
Don’t have a job yet, but I do have a roommate who’s good 90% of the time (the other 10% I would like to kick her behind to the moon and back, but I remind myself that her money pays ALL of my space rent and leaves $36.00 for me to blow). As of June 16, 2014 the space rent has gone up to $398.00 but that still leaves me a whopping $27.00 to blow every month, mostly on bus passes.
We are planting flowers in the front of the house, sunflowers, marigolds, pansies, and a few others. I plan on planting a garden in the back of the house as well. That will hopefully stretch the old food budget! Speaking of food, I am adding more fruits and vegetables to my diet.
Still riding my bike at least a mile a day, unless it’s snowing. It’s late enough now in the year that we’re mostly getting rain but I’ve seen it snow in July around here (not kidding).
Signing off for now…hope you all are as happy as I am.